CENTER FOR THE PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION OF CARDIAC DISEASES AND METABOLIC ILLNESSES
A Center for the Prevention and Rehabilitation of Cardiac Diseases and Metabolic Illnesses has been operating at the Zinman Academic College at Wingate since 1989. Those availing themselves of its services enjoy medically supervised healthful rehabilitative physical activity with instruction from the best professionals and experts in the field of physical training, cardiac rehab and sports medicine.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
Rehabilitation of cardiac functioning and preventing heart and metabolic diseases
Reducing health risk factors
Improving functional fitness in daily life
Educating for a physically active life style in order to maximize health
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THE PROGRAM?
- Individuals with cardiac problems and those who have undergone catheterization or bypass/valve surgery
- Diabetes patients
- The elderly population
- Those with or wishing to prevent osteoporosis
- Those wishing to reduce or prevent health risk factors (high blood pressure, smoking, lack of physical activity, overweight and abnormal blood lipid levels)
- Persons over 40 interested in adopting a healthy, active life style
- New, sophisticated and well equipped gym for healthful physical activity
- A studio for group activity
- Ergometric equipment for stress tests
- Physiology laboratory for performing metabolic tests
- Waiting room and coffee nook
- Dressing room, showers, toilet facilities and parking
SERVICE AT THE CENTER PROVIDES
- Healthful rehabilitative physical activity in a new and sophisticated gym under medical supervision and instruction from exercise physiologists
- Constant monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure during all activities
- Ergometric ECG stress tests to evaluate heart and physiological functioning
- Advanced monitoring and consultation for improving physical ability and follow-up of personal training programs by a sports doctor
- Physiological consultation including building a personal training program based on test results
- Instruction and advice regarding healthful nutrition by a clinical dietician; designing a personal diet and monitoring body weight and body fat %
Dr. ???????? – Center Director
Baruch Vainshelboim – M.P.E. in Physiology of Exercise; Assistant Director of the Center
M.P.E. with a specialization in Exercise Physiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation. B.Ed. from the Zinman Academic College at Wingate with a specialization in Posture Cultivation and Preventive Exercise. Baruch lectures in instructors’ and coaches’ courses on instruction in the gym, physiology of exercise and physical fitness. From 2008-2010 he was responsible for the Physiology of Exercise Lab.
Anat Sha’ar – Certified Medical Technician
Graduate of the Zinman Academic College in 1984. From 1984-1996 she served as a stress test and echo-Doppler technician at the Bene Zion Hospital. She has been working at the College’s lab as a medical technician since 1991.
Noga Fisher, M.A. – Physiology of Exercise
Graduate of the Zinman Academic College in 1984. Received her M.A. in Sport Medical Sciences and Physical Training from the University of Connecticut, USA. Completed a course for stress test technicians given by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Noga has 25 years of experience in teaching physiology and cardiac rehabilitation at the College.
FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Tel: +972-9-8639353 Fax: +972-9-8639376
Days of operation; Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
Coordinator of Outreach Services Centers: +972-9-8639335