Background: The Department specializes in teaching Physical Education in kindergarten (ages 3-6) and trains Physical Education teachers to teach guided activity, to provide professional guidance to kindergarten teachers about building an environment that encourages movement and to integrate movement into the main subjects of study in the kindergarten.
- Sensomotor development in early childhood
- The kindergarten curriculum and lesson planning in kindergarten
- Education for wellness in early childhood
- Organizing a movement-encouraging environment
- The contribution of movement to general learning
Graduates of the Department receive a Certificate of Specialization in Physical Education in Early Childhood which is a Ministry of Education prerequisite for teaching Physical Education in kindergartens in the formal education system.