“EVEN DERECH” – A HEALTHY AND SAFE LIFE STYLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
“EVEN DERECH” – FOR A HEALTHY ACCESSIBLE AREA FOR PROMOTING HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Even Derech – which means milestone – is a program to promote healthier and safer environments and communities for individuals with disabilities in Netanya and Ashdod
The program is run by:
The Disabilities data bank – Israel Government, JOINT Israel, the Rodman Family Fund
The National Insurance – Special Projects Fund, Manof Fund
The Health Ministry – The Department for Education & Health Promotion
Operated by: The Wingate Academic College, the Institute for Safety and Hygiene
In cooperation with the Netanya Municipality and the Ashdod Municipality
Even Derech provides tools and practical information for setting personal goals in order to promote a healthy life style among individuals with various types of disabilities.
It includes designing individualized programs and providing practice in physical activity, correct nutrition, preventing smoking, teaching relaxation, etc.
The uniqueness of the program lies in its inclusion of and cooperation between people with and without disabilities
We invite all those with an interest in promoting a safe and healthy life style to join this special program.
Program activities includes: Peer workshops to promote healthy and safe life styles – the workshops are moderated by specially trained individuals with disabilities
- Creating health-related ties between individuals with disabilities and others, conventions, lectures, etc.
- An accessibility survey of neighborhoods and instructions for encouraging the participation of individuals with disabilities in activities that promote health in the city
- Survey of employment risks and dangers for people with disabilities
- Workshops to help increase safety in work places and training safety wardens among individuals with disabilities
The programs are operated in Ashdod and Netanya
- For details in Netanya, contact Ya’ara Asenheim-Stahl – 054-9720370
- For details in Ashdod, contact Tal Mayo-Halevi, 052-3894754 or Ada Shimoni, 052-3635173 or email@example.com