XCOOL SCHOOL OF CHALLENGE TOURISM
XCOOL is the only school in Israel offering certification courses for challenge tourism. The school is part of the Academic College at Wingate, and its aim is to train certified instructors in tourism and challenge activities and recreation.
TOUR GUIDES IN ISRAEL AND ABROAD:
- Tour Guide Course
- Tour Escort Course (for outgoing tourism)
- Licensed Tour Guide Course
- Professional English for Tour Guides
- Inservice Courses for Tour Guides
INSTRUCTORS FOR SPORT AND CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES:
- Outdoor Education Workshop Moderators Course
- Outdoor Education Workshop Moderators for Tour Groups
- Therapeutic Adventure Course
- Survival Instructors Course
COURSES FOR TOURS ON WHEELS:
- Mountain Biking in Groups
- Planning & Building Bike Routes
- Road Bike Riding for Groups
- Mountain Biking Instructors Course
- Advanced Off-Road Driving Course
- Guiding Off-Road Vehicle Tours Abroad
ROPES & OMEGAS:
- Cliff-Climbing Course
- Rappelling Instructors Course
- Challenge Rope Area Managers Course
BUSINESS & TOURISM:
- Entrepreneurship and Developing Rural Tourism and Recreation
- Event Production in Nature
- Guiding Culinary Tours
Challenge Tourism refers mainly to sport tourism, nature tourism and cultural tourism. These involve a wide array of activities in wild, isolated, undeveloped areas lacking the imprint of civilization. Challenge Tourism can include physical activities – but not always.
XCOOL School of Challenge Tourism is the only school in Israel to train instructors in this unique tourism niche. The aim of the courses is to train professional personnel who can plan, lead, organize and execute a variety of challenge activities for tourists from home or abroad, while observing the rules of safety and maximum caution. XCOOL trains instructors for tours in off-road vehicles and on mountain bikes, rappelling and challenge rope areas. It also offers instructors’ courses for Outdoor Education Workshops that use group challenge activities to develop an understanding of defined and structured values.
A different type of use is made of nature and Challenge Tourism for treating and working with groups with special needs. The activities in the XCOOL School of Challenge Tourism are carried out mostly in the field, through hands-on experience and active participation by the learners. Learning is experiential and everyone can find the challenge level that suits him or her best. Learning groups are small and we are very attentive to the group dynamics that develop in the various activities.
We invite you to choose your challenge, to turn the activities you love into a career and to create for yourself a variety of work opportunities in the unique, fascinating and constantly growing field of Challenge Tourism!