The Center for Sports Medicine and Methodology is dedicated to helping coaches, scientists, professionals and executive personnel to advance in the fields of competitive sport, sports-for-all and physical activity using the most modern scientific and professional means available.
The Center is under the direction of Dr. Yitsik Ben-Melech, an expert with extensive experience in training theory.
The main areas dealt with by the Center are:
- Monitoring, controlling and providing consultation on methodology, science and sports medicine to competitive athletes, national teams, teams, referees and individual athletes.
- Deepening the knowledge base of coaches and executive sports professionals through advanced courses, study days and conventions.
- Providing training, certification and enrichment through special courses in competitive and elite sports, in coordination with various sport organizations and associations.
- Course for senior sports directors
- Course for senior coaches and courses in training theory and sport sciences
- Course for sports media
- Special projects for the population at large and for those engaging in competitive and elite sport
- The “Healthy Lifestyle” project for the Israel Defense Forces
- Project to advance coaches, instructors and other personnel.
- Enrichment and training course in physical fitness and coordination.
- Sports psychology
In recent years the Center has provided its services to national coaches, coaches of various teams and senior athletes, personnel in administrative, sport, scientific, methodological and media positions related to competitive sports, elite sports and sports-for-all.
Courses at the Center for Sports Medicine and Methodology at the Academic College at Wingate
- Training, enrichment and certification in competitive and elite sport
- Specialization in training theory and the sport sciences
- Specialization in training female athletes
- Senior Sports Director – to see the flyer click here
- Sports media
- Enrichment courses for competitive and elite sport coaches
- Enrichment course in physical fitness and coordination